Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm Kind of A Big Deal. . . in Japan

So, remember how I told all ya'll about a show I put together in New York. Well, I never got around to posting the videos. . . til now.

So, for your enjoyment, here are a few of my faves.
It was such an amazing time, and I am so grateful to my talented sista's for doing this with me!
(Christine Dwyer, Lara Janine & my ru-bu-fu Jen Talton)
And none of this would have happened without the incomparable Katie Thompson, who astonishes me every day (did I mention last week she performed at the White House for the First Lady and the New Cabinet? Yeah, I know her!)
Oh, and of course I must shout out to Barbara Anselmi who stepped in to play for half our show the night before the concert!!! Thank you Thank you!
So, without further adieu. . .

Our opening Number, was an idea in my head that was genius-ly brought to life by Katie and the girls. . .


Here's my emotional moment. . . a pop cover written by Marie Digby, it's "Miss Invisible:


Lara and I both played Elphaba in Wicked in Japan. So, we decided to battle it out to discover who is "The Best Elphaba Ever."


We decided to pay tribute to the iconic and life altering music of En Vogue. . . of course in our signature style!



I wasn't going to post this because I'm a perfectionist, but this one's for Erin. It's a little song for my family's new settlement in the Pacific Northwest. I may not drink it, but it sure is funny.
Here's Starbucks, by Michael Mahler:


Closing out the show, we had to give it up for our genius musical director KT!
So, here with one of her original songs is "I Will. . . (Kick Your A**)"
Disclaimer: This song has minor profanities that may not be suitable for all audiences. . . ie to my nieces and nephews, stop watching now ;)

No comments: