Saturday, April 18, 2009

Act of Kindness # 16



When I was about 18 years old, I got a job as a server at Applebee's. That lasted all of 2 days, cause I was a spoiled fine dining type of girl. But over the years, I've come back around to the novelty and the neighborhood style of this prolific eatery. In the last few years, it's become a tradition for my mom, two sisters and me to have a girls' night out at Applebee's when I come to town. It's central, it's cheap, and let's be honest. . . it's delicious!
It was only in these last few years that I discovered my Grandpa Bob creates the recipes for the desserts at Applebee's (and Costco, etc.) As the owner of Real Food Baking Company, his delectable desserts are licensed out to large corporations across the country! So, last month, he not only sent me a couple desserts in the mail to try out, but a gift card to Applebee's to try them out in person!
Combining my favorite things, tonight Girls' night met Grandpa Bob's desserts~
We gorged on Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae, Maple Butter Blondie, and Triple Chocolate Meltdown (the clearcut winner as we fought over the last bite!)
At the end of it all, we had $10 left on the gift card. So for tonight Act of Kindness, we gave the card (wrapped in a little note) to our waitress, asking her to give it to someone who might need or enjoy it. She responded that she had the perfect person in mind for it!

Here's just one picture to make you salivate!

No comments: