Monday, April 27, 2009

Next To Normal

Yesterday was quite possibly my favorite half day in New York ever! It was the most beautiful weather, I saw the most incredible show, and hung with one of my favorite peeps. Too bad I only had half a day!

I got up early with my former cruise ship roomie and stunning dancer, Ann Skufca, to get General Rush tickets to the hottest new Broadway musical "Next To Normal." And we got the last two!!! This is a brilliantly original musical about a family struggling to keep it together while the mother battles with bi-polar disorder. A bit of a rock-operetta, the music is captivating, and the performances just mind-altering! We're talking some serious Tony's people!
Now, I must disclose that this is not a family friendly show, and it is an extremely heavy and dark musical, but the beauty that it embraces is just stunning. I laughed for sure. I cried about 7 times. I left feeling so inspired and moved and thoughtful.

That is the beauty of art, to move you like that! And to combine that with the most beautiful sunny blue skies, 80 degree weather, Red Mango fro-yo and good company, and you got a little piece of heaven right there!

No comments: