Tuesday, January 6, 2009

HEART, MIGHT, MIND AND STREGTH

Some of you may have noticed that in the upper right hand corner of my blog there is a proud declaration:
I AM NICE!
For a few months now, I have been an avid reader of the blog Operation Nice (http://www.operationnice.com/)
This simple and beautiful blog centers around the idea that we can change the world simply by being a little nicer! The blog entries include testimonials, giveaways, and NICE assignments, where you are challenged to do something a little more thoughtful that you would naturally think to do. One of my favorite challenges was to talk to everyone in the elevator with you! So simple. Yet such a great impact can come from the simple act of a stranger's kindness.
For today's NICE assignment, we are challenged to create a Mantra.
After some thought and processing (cause you know my first mantra was a total run-on sentence that almost be confused for a thesis paper. . . ) I was able to come to something simple that I have been focusing on in the recent weeks.

This is the moment, right now. . . I am taking it all in, then passing it on.

That may not make sense to everyone, but a lot of my life has been lived in anticipation for this destination that I never seem to arrive at. I know that it's not about the destination but the journey, yet sometimes it is hard to live that statement honestly.
This year, it is my goal to recognize that every moment I live is an experience that I should cherish. I am going to let myself feel, slow down to take time and notice the details, to appreciate all that I have been blessed with, and then (and most importantly) share it with others.

Happy New Year Everyone!



1 comment:

Summer Lane said...

thats rad and what a great idea!