Saturday, November 1, 2008

Meeting a Musical Icon!

On Thursday night, my sister and I had the opportunity to go backstage and meet the incomparable Stephen Schwartz! Here's how it all came to pass. . .

Earlier this year, I started a little email chat with Carol de Giere (www.musicalschwartz.com)
For the last 8 years, she has been writing a biography about Stephen Schwartz, that has finally been published! Yay! It's called "Defying Gravity- from Godspell to Wicked" It's an incredible book with all sorts of behind the scenes stories and photos including over 80 hours of interviews with Stephen.

Well, this week, they were scheduled to do a book signing here in New York. I sent Carol a note saying I was in town and hoping to meet her. She then invited me to come backstage before the show to meet them. So, with my fabulous sister in tow, we headed out to say hello. They were both so sweet, and chatted with us for about 10 minutes before signing a copy of the book and posing for a few photos.

It was truly one of the coolest moments of my life!


How precious is Carol? She is so tiny and soft spoken, and just a truly lovely woman!

Stephen with my "twin" and I! Gotta love his Green shirt!

1 comment:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Stephen Schwartz is such a stud!