Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Roommie!!

The day before I left New York to start this big adventure I'm currently experiencing, I took an afternoon with my darling diva of a roommie, Jen. We met a few years ago as back-up singers for an incredible dancer / choreographer turned R&B sensation MO'AT (aka Tim Stevenson).
(You can briefly see us up close at 3:36)

I remember back then I always had to sing the higher harmony because she swore up and down that she was "An Alto." Shortly after I started taking voice lessons from the radical Michael Goodrich, I got her in for a lesson. By the second lesson, Michael made me come in to hear what she'd been working on. She proceeds to sing, "The Phaaaaaaaaaaatom of the Opera!" . . . you know, that famously really really really high SOPRANO role! Needless to say, she has since continued to develop that range. We regularly getting in contests to see who can hit the highest note in our apartment. . . now, she always wins.
So, not only does she have way more range than me, she also is incredibly beautiful, and Multi-ethnic, which is like a lottery ticket in the entertainment industry! I regularly express my jealous over her ethnic ambiguity, but in reality I have nothing but love for this extraordinary woman!
Her she is, my RuBuFu:
Jennifer Colby Talton!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: