Sunday, September 28, 2008

The New Song Project

So, last Monday night was the culmination of several months of planning and organizing and a few weeks of stress to boot.
The New Song Project was a concert that I organized, directed and performed in, and I have to say. . . it was a total hit! With 22 incredible USJ performers blowing down the house and a huge crowd of nearly 300 people, the night was truly something spectacular.
Movieman was on hand to film the concert, as was his assistant Ryoko who was following me around through out the night filming me as I prepped the performers, watched from the wings and getting myself ready to go.
Here for your viewing pleasure is 3 clips of me from the concert.

( If you would like to watch the whole concert, you can do so by clicking here and watching it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MoviemanPJC
)


This is "I'm Not Pregnant," by the ridiculously amazing Katie Thompson. I strongly recommend you all check out her album on iTunes, and for those of you in LA, her show RRREDDD is still running for one more week!


This is "Lost at Sea" a duet with my fellow Elphie, Charity Smith. It's a song about female Pirates in the times of Shakespeare and is written by good friend Danny Larsen.




This is the final number of the concert. I am singing "The Distance You Have Come" by the incredible Scott Alan. The entire cast of the show is thundering in chorus behind me. The power of their voices, the audience so in it with us, and everything about that moment was just incredible, and about half way through the song I get a bit choked up and can't sing. But we finish and it was just magic.

1 comment:

Ashley Perez said...

Kathleen, I love this! You need to come to California so I can see you sing! Oh and the "I'm not pregnant" = hilarious!